Friday, October 11, 2013

I've Been Thinking



Things in our lives have been really, really crazy lately and this little blog of mine has taken a backseat to all of the more important things in my life. Which is fine because it hasn't really grown in the last year and I'll never be a Grace or a Jen and that's okay. It's okay because I love my small life in my small town with my crazy chaotic schedule and all the demands for my attention. I am transitioning into a second season in my life. 

We are moving from our quiet country life back into town (if we ever find a house) and that means close proximity to my sister and her kids. Which means cultivating real relationships instead of e-relationships. It means doors slamming, kids yelling, and interaction with people with whom I do not share a last name after work hours. I am excited about the extra time we will have that was previously filled with commuting from one place to another.

I have also started taking more photos for friends and family. I don't know that photography will ever become my main job as I had dreamed but it is definitely becoming more predominant and that is very exciting for me. I am hopeful for this next part of my family's journey and for the new memories we will make. I'm also a little anxious and nervous. I don't adjust well to change. I think it stems from my childhood years when we moved so often and I never really formed those deep, long lasting relationships with people not linked to me by DNA.

So all that being said, I think it is time to say farewell to my blog life and focus on other things. As much as I love writing and sharing the stories of my family I feel guilty when I don't post for an extended amount of time (not that I am fooling myself into thinking anyone else has a vested interest in my posts) because it feels that I am neglecting one of my children. I barely have time to read the blogs I love so much so it just doesn't feel like this is the time for Hays House to be a focus. I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has taken time out of their own busy lives to read what I have written. And especially those of you who have left comments encouraging me and praying for me during trying times. You have been wonderful and rest assured, I will continue to keep abreast of the happenings in your lives. I love you all!


5 comments:

  1. I don't think you should stop your blog. You love it and enjoy writing the stories about what is going on. It is also a good place for you to vent your feelings and it is a good stress release for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for you to be closer. This made me happy and sad! Love you sis!

      Delete
  2. Well I'm sorry to see you go, Angie, I really enjoy your story telling style. But I completely understand. Before I started to blog, I had no idea how much time even just a short post can take. It is a great creative outlet, but at the same time, it is yet another thing to add to the "to do list".

    Blessings on the bright new future that is waiting for your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for much success on your offline life! It might feel like a relief to let it go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie - I really want you to know that your blog has brought me so much joy. I don't read a lot of blogs, only those that I feel connected to. I have enjoyed reading yours and will miss it! But, I commend you for so many reasons for choosing to step away. I have thought about it many times, and taken some breaks here and there, and it's been so good for me. If you ever get the writing bug back, please let me know....I'll be your first follower!! Blessings to you and your beautiful family for a safe, healthy and happy transition into your new home and life in town. I'll be thinking of you! - Susan

    ReplyDelete