Nickie from Life Inside Nickie's Little Bubble tagged my blog in the "Blogger Tag Game" and while I am not a huge fan of these things, I decided to give this one a chance. (Okay, that was a lie.) I love "Getting to Know You" games like this. It brings back memories of little gems like this:
1. Where you born? Easy peasy, lemon squeezie. Hannibal, MO. Also the birthplace of the great Mark Twain. However, I don't believe he was born at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, as I was.
2. Were you named after someone? Nope. But my mom did almost name me Sunshine Dawn (It was the 70's. That's the only excuse I can come up with?) Thank the good Lord above I dodged that bullet. My son did tell me when he was bout 8 that if she had in fact named me Sunshine Dawn, he would have affectionately referred to me as "Sunny D". Bet that would have been one of the nicer nicknames kids would have come up with.
3. If you have children, how many do you have? I have 4 children. Levi is 18. Kinsey is 14. Ethan is 5 and Alayna is 16 months. Boy, girl, boy, girl. And before you say it, I know, I know...Yes, I have two little families. Sometimes I feel like I am living in constant deja vu. Only, I am fatter and older and way more tired!
4. How many pets do I have? Just one. He is a Weimaraner named Nicodemus. You can read all about him and his love/hate relationship with the hubs here.
5. What was your worst injury? Gosh, I have had a few. The obv answer would be when I broke my back and separated my spine from my pelvis in a car accident when I was 19. But my favorite "shocker" accident that makes everyone say "What???" was the summer before my freshman year in high school when my cousin thought it would be funny to throw a lead crystal punch bowl of water on me while I was sunbathing with his sister-in-law. The bowl slipped out of his hands, landed on my leg still full of water, and shattered. The scars are hideous and the doctor's face was priceless when he placed the stethoscope on my chest under the sheet and realized I was wearing a tiny pink bikini. It still makes me LOL. 20+ years later and the fact that I still can't feel most of that part of my leg and a good portion of my foot kinda stinks but the story is a real ice breaker.
6. Do I have a special talent? I love to decorate. I put myself to sleep at night (when I don't fall asleep halfway through my prayers) by dreaming about renovations. Please, please, please don't tell the hubs. He has enough to worry about.
7. What's your favorite thing to bake? Is that what the door on the stove is for? I thought it was additional pots and pans storage.
8. What's your favorite fastfood? Arby's. It's good mood food. What else is there to say? Really. Nothing!
9. Would I bungee jump? Not even if my grandma was hanging from a cliff and the only way to get to her was to bungee there. Sorry, Grandma. Rubber bands are for hair, not for leaping off cliffs. Thanks for asking.
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? Their eyes. Do they have kind eyes or cray cray eyes? Eyes truly tell it all.
11. When was the last time I cried? Gosh. Who knows? I am a crier. I cry all the time. Blogs make me cry, songs make me cry, Facebook makes me cry, commercials make me cry. I'm sure it was some big earth shattering moment and that's why I can't remember it. Moooving on!
12. Any current worries? Ha! Hahahahahaha!! That is funny. I plead the fifth on this one. There is nothing I DON'T worry about on a consistent basis. BUT for the sake of this game let's just say that I am most worried right now that Alayna will not stop nursing until she graduates from high school. And that Pandora will play one more stupid Taylor Swift song in the next five minutes (How does she have this many songs? Seriously!!!).
13. Name three drinks you drink regularly. Creamer and sugar with a dash of coffee. Sweet tea. Dr. Pepper or A&W Cream Soda.
14. What is your favorite book? Can't. Answer. This. Question. The idea of choosing just one is almost as bad as if you asked me to choose a favorite child. Ugh uh. No way. Can't. Won't.
15. Would you like to be a pirate? Really? This is a question? Pass.
16. What are your favorite smells? My baby after a bath and slathered in lotion. Fresh cut grass on a summer day.The hubs on date night. The house when the hubs bakes brownies sprinkled in powdered sugar.
17. Why do you blog? So I don't forget these crazy days with the people I love most in the world. It's my own little time stamp for all our big moments and the little ones too. Besides, it's proof that no matter your worries, tomorrow it will be something different. The only thing that never changes from one day to the next is that God is in control.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Yikes!! I didn't know we were going dark! I suppose whatever the hubs chooses. He knows me better than I know myself anyway so this one's on him. BUT Richard Hays, I swear if you play something by Taylor Swift I will never speak to you again!
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? As much as I try, I can't let go of things. I hold on to them forever. Worries, anger, hard feelings, resentment. I guess on the flip side I hold tight to the good stuff too but it sure makes life exhausting sometimes to worry about things on a daily basis that never happen. And to still never learn from those things is almost too much. And why are we suddenly being so stinking heavy with this thing?
20. What is your favorite hobby? Decorating, knitting, reading, blogging and the one I miss the most is scrapbooking. Some day...I hope!
21. What do you look for in a friend? Another heavy question. At least for me. I am pretty guarded when it comes to letting people get really close to me. I do superficial relationships really, really well and never meet a stranger. I am not one of those great people who makes a huge effort to maintain friendships. I think friendships should be easy, natural, pick up and leave off anywhere with the feeling it has only been minutes since you last spoke with that person. I have a few close friends like that. But my very best friend is the hubs. Always has been since we first met.
22. Name something you have done you never thought you would do. Eat eggs again. Dude, I cracked one when I was 15 and there was a half formed baby chick in there, ya'll. That did it for me! Until about six months ago. I don't know why but I tried them again. And I love them. Covered in cheese and with lots of salt and pepper. And I can't think about them too much or I get that heebie jeebie feeling again.
23. What are your favorite things to do? Spend time with family. Belly laugh at really great jokes. The kind that make you think and stick with you for a while. Watch memorably good movies but not the ones that make you cry at the end. Darn you, Nicholas Sparks! And snuggle on the couch with the hubs while watching Duck Dynasty.
24. Any pet peeves? Have you met me? What doesn't drive me nuts? Mainly my son and his clothing obsession! That one is a killer. K. I. L. L. E. R!!!!!
25. What's the last thing that made you laugh? I laugh a lot. More than I cry. This one's hard. And hard falls under #24 for me so I am going with what makes me laugh the most? My kids. They are funny! And I mean rolling on the floor laughing out loud funny. They are always good for a chuckle!
And so now that you know all my deep and dark's I must tag ten other bloggers and pray I will not be rejected by each and every one of them. And since most of the blogs I follow are fellow Catholic moms (aka superheroes) I must admit I am a bit nervous. Especially since they all homeschool, have lots of kiddo's really closely together, and actually keep a clean house and cook. Thank goodness you didn't ask about any of those things! So here goes nothing:
House Unseen. Life Unscripted.
Finding Great Joy
Grand, Glorious, and Crazy 365
Jess And The Boys
Life, Experience Needed
Sole Searching Mama
Souchek Family Blog
The Rhodes Log
I hope a couple of these ladies will take the time to participate simply because these are blogs I follow and I am a Nosy Nellie and inquiring minds want to know. Thanks again, Nickie for the invite. This was fun.